Business Development/Partnerships Manager, NationSwell Publishing
NationSwell is on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers— and to accelerate the solutions that will move our country forward. We are a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through our Publishing team - a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Publishing Team is seeking a Partnerships Manager to leverage our solutions-based journalism into revenue-generating partnerships that expand our reach and contribute to our sustainable social business model.This person will be a thought-leader for the Publishing platform, playing a pivotal role in creating exciting new editorial products for social impact, which might include sponsorship of a signature series, dedicated advertisement takeovers, the underwritten launch of a new vertical and more. This team member will lead the charge in forging new relationships with philanthropists, C-suite leaders, VPs and Directors and help steer partner conversations, leading to proposals and contracts.
Experience in lead generation, proposal writing, pipeline management and a client-first mindset will all be success factors in this role.
This role could be a great fit if you:
- Are an extrovert who loves to network and doesn’t leave home without business cards
- Believe the ad product of the future doesn’t exist yet — and want a hand in building it
- Have a passion for creative problem solving
- Pride yourself on being quick on your feet
- Know that good journalism can change the world
What you might be doing now:
- Creative Strategist at an established media company with editorial products
- New Business Manager / Partnerships Manager at a growing agency, media publishing house, or creative studio
- Editing, writing, or producing journalism with a hunger to cross over to the revenue-generating side of media
- Development Manager working on sponsorship opportunities with major nonprofits
- Account Manager in a client services firm with a desire to focus on business development
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Serve as the right hand of our VP of Publishing in growing publishing partnerships
- Join calls with key stakeholders to move conversations forward and strategically navigate through a complex organization
- Build new partner relationships that lead to collaboration on issues that matter
- Strategize on the arc of the sale
- Craft winning proposals and pitch presentations, working closely with the Publishing team to bring leads to close
- Represent NationSwell at conferences (our own and external)
- Work with the Publishing team to continually improve our offerings and sales to meet partners’ strategic objectives and best serve NationSwell’s mission
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Proven success working with large enterprise clients, ideally in a variety of accounts or sales role
- An intuitive understanding of how corporations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Excited to grow within a fast-paced, mission-driven, for-purpose social enterprise
- Bonus skills:
- Startup experience
- Leadership and management experience
- Fluency in strategy, consulting, social impact, experience design, digital media, video, and social platforms
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.