Senior Associate, Finance Operations
NationSwell is on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate the solutions that will move our country forward. We’ve built an ecosystem of platforms that advances our mission by convening leaders around solutions, by connecting people to spark collaboration, and by creating content that inspires audiences. Our ecosystem includes:
- NationSwell Council: A membership community that connects influential, service-minded leaders who are working on solutions to national challenges.
- NationSwell Studio: A campaign studio that partners with organizations to put solutions in front of the audiences who need to see them.
- NationSwell Publishing: An independent content platform that tells unexpected stories about the innovators working to move our country forward.
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, FINANCE OPERATIONS
NationSwell is looking for a Senior Associate, Finance Operations who will both support and (in certain instances) lead financial management, reporting and metrics company-wide. This role is for someone excited to apply his or her hard-earned financial analysis, analytical and strategy skills at a growing mission-driven organization. The Senior Associate, Finance Operations will help develop and standardize NationSwell’s financial processes at both a business and platform unit level for budgets, forecasts, key metrics, and ad-hoc financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting + Analytics
- Strong facility for financial reporting and analysis, at both the business and platform unit levels
- Comfort in maneuvering through financial statements to monitor the company’s financial standing
- Support long-range planning and quarterly financial forecasting through financial modeling
- Perform team, revenue, and profitability level forecasting reports
- Monitor and analyze industry trends
- Support onboarding and implementation of new financial tools and systems
- Budgets + Systems Management
- Support long-range planning and annual budget creation
- Monitor and manage budgets and expenses throughout the year
- Innovate and build out the framework and approaches for financial management + sophistication
- Oversee internal expense + financial reporting systems
- Consult and coordinate with outside advisors and accounting/tax support
- Partner Liaison
- Act as a liaison between NationSwell’s Accounts team and partners for collections, invoicing, and billing items
- Develop and routinely generate partner profitability reporting metrics
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance or related field
- Have 1-3+ years equivalent financial reporting experience
- Tout advanced computer skills (MS Office - particularly Excel); huge plus if you are comfortable in complex data sets and versed in financial modeling
- Are eager to be the financial backbone of a growing entrepreneurial organization
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Are able to think analytically and problem-solve
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and work independently on assigned tasks
- Confidently handle sensitive and confidential information
- Are excited to work in a mission driven space
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, or similar a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter that detailing what attracted you to this role, how you can contribute to NationSwell, and why you are excited to work in the field of social impact!