People Lead, NationSwell
NationSwell is a social enterprise on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers, and to accelerate their solutions. We do this by connecting innovators, creating content that inspires and convening leaders around solutions.
Now we’re looking for a colleague and intrepid leader to take the reins of our first people-only focused role and all things talent development.
The key pillars of the role include:
- Recruitment: from identification of talent, to great candidate experience
- People Operations: the systems and tools for an optimized + happy team
- Talent Development: an environment for accelerated learning + opportunity
- Culture: carrier of our values and initiatives on diversity, inclusiveness + equity
You’ll be our first colleague dedicated uniquely to a People function, and we think that’s really exciting! You’ll be the hub + mission control – and you’ll work closely with the leadership team and managers in coaching and optimizing all of our people-related efforts. And you’ll be able to leverage the existing processes + tools that we’ve built as a people-centric B Corp certified social enterprise.
The ideal candidate will bring a track record of, and experience in:
Recruitment + Growth
- Developing + executing innovative recruitment efforts
- Creating delightful + equitable candidate experiences
- Institutionalizing opportunities for internal staff opportunities as we grow
- Creating systems and structure for our team to feel informed and cared for
- Refining and implementing systems that allow for us to measure staff performance
- Administering and designing benefits + wellness plans; and HR metrics tracking
- Creating an environment where our people can do their best work
- Accelerating talent growth, sense of fulfillment in service of team retention
- Setting standards and expectations of how we work at all levels within the organization
Culture + Values
- Keeping a pulse on the team’s sense of purpose and connection to our impact
- Leveraging the value of feedback and building systems that turn feedback into action
- Nurturing and effectively managing a values-centric culture
NationSwell Values: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Inspiration
The right candidate will most surely:
- LOVE sitting in the People-centric seat
- Know the importance of said people-centric seat + the responsibilities that come with the position
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Understand that communication + organization is paramount
- Have spent time at a start-up and enjoyed the journey
+ Bonus for time spent building a mission-driven organization, B-Corp or similar
We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.