Director, Council Accounts + Partnerships
NationSwell’s mission is to connect America’s leading problem solvers and accelerate their solutions.
The NationSwell Council (NSC) launched with a founding membership of 25 service-minded leaders and the idea that creating connection will accelerate change. In four short years the Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum across regions, numbers and opportunities to innovate towards impact. The community consists of an extraordinary, diverse group of entrepreneurs, investors, executives, philanthropists, and service-minded leaders across the country – many are truly advancing the most cutting-edge solutions to our nation’s most pressing national challenges. The NSC Team consists of a growing team of 15+ whip-smart, energetic colleagues across community engagement, programming, partnerships and membership delight.
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
The Council team seeks to create meaningful connections and curated experiences to connect members across regions, sections and issues to accelerate solutions that are working. The Council also leverages synergies across NationSwell’s Publishing platform; and the NationSwell Studio, which partners with the country’s leading companies, foundations and philanthropists to create powerful social impact campaigns to drive awareness, engagement and action.
Role and Key Responsibilities
We are seeking a Director of Council Accounts + Partnerships to lead and manage partnerships intersecting or embedded within the NationSwell Council.
This individual will lead the Council Accounts + Partnerships team of two, own relationships with external partner leaders, manage project workflow and quality and interface with other platform leads on integrated campaigns. The Council Accounts + Partnerships team was established in 2018 to accelerate solutions at the intersection of our membership Council and external partner initiatives. Current partnerships include activations + events, institutional memberships and content development. This role will interface heavily with our growth + innovation colleagues and will have a significant opportunity to shape future partner opportunities and our focus on impact through Council partnerships.
Candidates must understand and believe deeply in the power of community to drive change. A successful candidate will interface directly with a remarkable group of influencers and change-makers.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
PARTNER DELIGHT + EXECUTION
- Manage partnerships that intersect the Council, including conversation + event series and community initiatives (current partners include Lumina Foundation, Samsung NEXT, and Verizon)
- Own relationships with senior partner leaders (e.g. managing directors, c-suite leaders) and identify opportunities to better serve them through events, introductions, and deeper partnerships
- Work closely with the NSC engagement team and members themselves to ensure that the partnership components reflect the company vision and expectations
RENEWAL + GROWTH
- Meet or exceed goals around renewal of partner relationships on a quarterly + annual basis
- Drive business growth by identifying opportunities for expanded scopes with existing partners - and, as appropriate, opportunities for new partners + partnerships
- Attend NSC events, engage with members, and leverage occasions for strategic connections; represent NationSwell at a variety of external events and convenings in order to connect with a larger audience of stakeholders.
SYSTEMS + TOOLS + TEAM
- Assist in building cross-functional systems within NationSwell to optimize collaboration across the Council, Studio, events and Council partnerships teams
- Continue building + developing the Council Partnerships team to elevate performance and exceed goals
- Track and analyze data related to partnership oversight, execution, and evolution; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments, and inform strategy
Who You Might Be:
- A rock-star senior account manager who has built longstanding relationships with clients and wants to deepen their impact alongside an engaged community
- A program or marketing lead at a domestic or international non-profit
- A leader at an illustrious membership organization (e.g. CFR, WEF, YPO, CGI) with some experience working with / managing institutional or corporate clients
- A consultant at a management consultancy or a client-facing contributor at an agency looking to do more mission-driven work
- An accounts ninja with deep experience seamlessly managing projects + exceeding expectations
- A “people person,” able to engage with very senior-level professionals (founders, partners, CEOs, executive directors)
- 6-10 years of professional experience, including several years in a client-facing role directly accountable for revenue
- A strong passion for community and movement building; must understand these as a force for social change and innovation
- Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer + self starter
- Goal-oriented, driven, determined, highly energetic, hard-working, creative + unfailingly dependable
- Believe in + embody our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.