NationSwell is a leading social enterprise dedicated to powering the solutions that will move our country forward. We advance our mission in three ways:
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers;
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter.
The Studio works with mission-aligned organizations to amplify their solutions-driven impact initiatives. The team creates compelling branded content and executions, while leveraging synergies across NationSwell’s editorial media platform (nationswell.com); and through our community of 800+ socially minded influencers and leaders via the NationSwell Council.
NationSwell is seeking an Senior Designer to join the NationSwell Studio team to help create partner campaigns, written & video content, websites, social media, activations and events, leveraging your design skills to collaborate, flex and problem-solve — all with an eye towards the art, innovation and strategy. This person should have a passion for working in a mission-driven field, and an entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
This person will report to the Director of Creative Content and will serve as the lead designer for the NationSwell Studio. Qualified candidates will have strong background with 5-7 years of visual design experience including (but not limited to) layout, typography, web design, illustration and photography. Agency or in-house experience is a plus.
How you’ll contribute:
- Translate communications challenges into artful stories/design work
- Conceive across multiple communications channels
- Collaborate, listen, and incorporate other people’s ideas and feedback
- Thrive in a fast-paced, iterative work environment as part of a small, nimble and hard working team
- Stay on top of market innovations and bring bold ideas to each project
- Solid understanding of design strategy, user interaction/interfaces, and site navigation
- Time-management skills and the ability to work in remote environments
- Showcase determination and creativity in your design skills, allowing your work to advances NationSwell’s existing portfolio
- Work closely with our internal designers and assist with presentation deck design and development
- Research tools, platforms and processes that can help improve team efficiency and collaboration-- may also include digging into innovative platforms or creative concepts that could contribute to a more diverse partnerships offering
- Help manage external vendors and consultants to support the execution of deliverables
This role could be a great fit if you are a:
- Designer (Mid-level) at a Mid-Large Agency
- Senior Designer at a Small Agency/Shop
- Understanding of composition, color theory, typography, design history, and information architecture
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), Keynote, Google Slides
- Drawing, illustration, and/or web/application design skills a plus
- Mid-level agency or comparable work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to trend forecast a plus
To be considered for this role, please apply on our website by submitting:
- Cover letter stating what about NationSwell most interests you
- Your portfolio (or link to one)
- Your resume
This is a Full Time opportunity for the right candidate. Temp-to-Perm (FT) opportunities will also be considered. Position is based at our new headquarters in the Flatiron District, Manhattan.
We have a flexible and remote working environment, a mission-driven team, and a worker-friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.