DescriptionNationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We're a platform for problem-solvers, and our mission is to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance the mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers and reached 200M people with our content last year; through the NationSwell Council - a special membership community of more than 600 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions, and for collaborating and supporting each other -- the Council was mentioned in this recent article in The Atlantic as A Cure for Post-Election Malaise; and, our Impact Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through storytelling, digital distribution, and creative campaigns.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, advance national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
NationSwell’s Impact Studio is the key revenue driver of the company and works with leading organizations to drive awareness and engagement to social initiatives through integrated campaigns, storytelling and thought-leadership. In just one year, the Impact Studio has become a significant driver of NationSwell’s growth. As Partnerships Director, you will be working alongside the VP, Strategy & Partnerships to design, market, and sell integrated creative campaigns and sponsorships to Fortune 500 companies, large foundations, and large nonprofits.
In this role, you will be responsible for forging new relationships with C-suite leaders, VPs and Directors and shepherding the leads you generate to close. This includes developing sophisticated and effective proposals, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships, and, ultimately, selling NationSwell through complex organizations.
Your success in this role will require you to operate effectively as a stellar enterprise sales person and an extraordinary problem solver, project manager, and team player.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute
- Be at the center of the partnerships team from start to end. These accountabilities include:
- Leading or serving as the VP’s right hand in meetings and calls
- Leading on calls with key stakeholders to push the deal forward and navigate strategically through a complex organization
- Strategizing on the arc of the sale
- Leading in the proposal phase
- Craft the deal proposals and pitch presentations, working closely with the VP/ CEO to bring leads to close
- Work closely with the Accounts Team to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Accounts and to set up the new client for success; work with the Accounts Team to strategically position the account for renewal
- Work with the Editorial and Council teams to continually improve our offering and sale to meet the partners strategic objectives and best serve NationSwell’s long-term mission
- Represent NationSwell at conferences and events as a speaker, panelist, facilitator or attendee
Who you might be:
- Manage through relationships: You understand what it takes to get things done in a complex organization with many decision makers, and you are able to motivate different individuals up and down an organization to take action. You can effectively read people to know what is going on in the room in order to calibrate the level of interaction in a variety of scenarios. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Entrepreneurial: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal.
- Keep many balls in the air: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Rainmaker: You have demonstrated ability to sustain relationships and to create demand in the context of partner relationships. You are able to capitalize on the channel heads to serve and retain partners.
- Visualize path to goal: You are extremely strategic. You understand how decisions get made, you can take in multiple inputs at the same time, and you evaluate what choices are on the table in order to take action and chart a path forward. You are a seasoned project manager.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience and success working with large enterprise clients, ideally having been in more than one kind of accounts or sales role.
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large corporations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations. Ideally, both.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Excited to grow within a fast-paced mission-driven, for-purpose social enterprise
- It would be great if you had:
- Startup life experience
- Leadership and management experience
- Fluency in strategy, consulting, social impact, experience design, digital media, video, and social platforms
Base annual salary is highly competitive. We offer great benefits modeled after B Corp assessment standards, including the opportunity for employees to work remotely for part of the week.
Please be sure to include your resume, cover letter, and reasons you’re a great fit for the team in your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!