Director, Member Engagement
NationSwell is on a mission to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance this mission through:
- NationSwell.com, a platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers which reached 200M people last year;
- NationSwell Council (NSC), a special membership community of more than 950 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for taking action around solutions and collaborating with and supporting each other; and
- NationSwell Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution, and creative campaigns.
The NSC Community Director is a leading community-builder within the Council team. This person will provide strategic portfolio management and community oversight for cross-sector members, primarily in Houston and Austin, helping them navigate the community, surface opportunities for service, and build meaningful relationships that will accelerate solutions across the country. The Community Director will also be an intrapreneur who will collaborate with the NSC team to enhance the community-wide experience, surface critical community insights, and generate new ideas that can drive impact for the Council and the company.
We love our team and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible working environment, an amazing culture and a strong dedication to our mission.
Location: Houston or Austin.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Oversee the health of the NSC: AUS and NSC: HOU hubs
- Meet explicit goals related to net growth (new members and retention) and experience
- Support the continued growth of the community by generating referrals for new members
- Serve as the regional ambassador; attend all NSC: AUS and NSC: HOU events
- Collaborate with the programming team on concepts for compelling local experiences
- Manage region-specific communications, including the monthly regional newsletter
- Foster a thriving community
- Initiate community-building practices that strengthen collaboration and connection
- Actively manage + build strong relationships with a portfolio of NSC members to produce a curated experience and generate impact for the individual + the community
- Track and analyze data related to community engagement, growth, and impact
- Share instances of community impact with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the NSC team to ensure that the member experience reflects the company vision and expectations
- Lead on the development and implementation of NSC products and programs that enhance the member experience, particularly representing the point of view of the NSC: AUS and NSC: HOU hubs
- Design and manage the execution of strategic projects related to the health + impact of the NSC community as required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience building and sustaining a community for impact; 8+ years of strategic community-building or relationship management experience preferred
- An ability to communicate effectively (through both written and verbal channels) with senior-level professionals; including founders, partners, CEOs, and executive directors across industries + sectors
- A collaborative, cross-functional approach to your work
- An ability to create and leverage data systems for informed decision-making
- A passion for community-building as a force for social change and innovation
- Comfort in a nimble, fast-paced environment; including an entrepreneurial spirit + dependability
- A demonstrated commitment to our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation and Inspiration
We have a flexible and remote working environment, a mission-driven team, and a worker-friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.