Managing Director, NationSwell Studio
We’re on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate the solutions that will move our country forward. We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The Studio works with mission-aligned organizations to amplify their solutions-driven impact initiatives. The team creates compelling branded content and executions, while leveraging synergies across NationSwell’s editorial media platform (nationswell.com); and through our community of 1,000+ socially minded influencers and leaders via the NationSwell Council. Most recently we’ve launched campaigns elevating environmental entrepreneurs (with Toyota), supporting innovators closing the opportunity divide (with Samsung NEXT), changing the paradigm of aging in America (with AARP), championing a pioneering veterans empowerment initiative (with Bob Woodruff Foundation), and much more.
We only take on challenges and partnerships that drive impact, it’s the reason NationSwell exists and impact is how we measure our success.
NationSwell is seeking a senior leader to help take our Studio team to the next level. We are searching for a Managing Director to lead our Studio’s growth, quality, and team culture as we grow and expand our impact.
The Managing Director will:
- Continue to build and grow something truly special
- Be an intrapreneur using their entrepreneurial spirit to grow our platform to create social impact
- Be a champion, inspiration and leader to a phenomenally talented team
- Be an NS ambassador in the world, helping elevate our profile & creating relationships that lead to impactful work
- Be thought-partner to our CEO and a company leader as a member of our Leadership Team
- Lead Studio team on creating exceptional social impact work
- Deliver delightful executions across strategy, content and campaigns
- Oversee partnership management; provide strategic counsel, expertise and overall brilliance
- Grow relationships with external partners/resources that elevate our work
- Cultivate new mission-aligned partnerships and strategically grow existing impact partnerships
- Lead new exploratory partnership conversations and proposal/scoping development
- Identify opportunities for new products to expand our breadth of capabilities
- Draw on past portfolio of work as additive to partner conversations and proposals
- Studio vision, leadership and overall profitability, reporting to founding CEO and COO
- Hit team retention targets for the Studio
- Develop and mentor the Studio Management team
- Nurture and grow our values-driven culture
- Model NationSwell core values: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inspiration
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.