Chief Growth Officer (CGO)
NationSwell is on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate their solutions. NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve. We were recently named the top 18th impact company in North America (Real Leaders, Jan 2019).
We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
Now, we are seeking a Chief Growth Officer (CGO) to join NationSwell to oversee our business growth and accelerate our impact. The CGO is a new role and will be a senior-most role on our Leadership Team.
The Chief Growth Officer will lead our revenue generation and business development efforts, play a key role in business innovation and strategy, lead our outstanding team of business development professionals, serve as a key thought-partner to the CEO, and play an important role on the Leadership Team. The ideal CGO will join us with an understanding of the social impact space, partnership development strategy, sustainable growth planning and revenue generation. The right candidate will understand the difference between selling for the sake of sales versus value creation for our stakeholders -- and will excel as our external lead on growth initiatives. NationSwell’s CGO will be responsible for overseeing revenue generation processes, including business development, partnership exploration, partner support, sales coaching and product pricing across all three of our platforms (Council, Studio, Publishing). Internally the CGO will lead our Growth Team of 4 (and growing) to achieve short and long-term business goals, leading to expanded reach and mission-aligned impact in 2019 and beyond.
- Model NationSwell’s Mission, Vision, Values
- Develop and lead our revenue generation and business development strategy and efforts
- Identify innovative ways to grow business, platforms, and partnerships
- Lead, inspire and develop our Growth Team (of 04, and growing, outstanding professionals) to achievement of goals and highest standard of performance
- Be a lead individual contributor on revenue generation
- Measure and analyze current revenue streams, offerings, and relationships to optimize our business growth and revenue strategy
- Create strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps
- Determine optimal pricing strategy for both existing and new community members, clients and partners
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and clients
- Key thought-partner to CEO and member of Leadership Team
- 10+ years of proven experience leading business growth - ideally in a social impact, B-Corp, and/or complex professional services and/or start-up environment
- Proven success scaling a high-growth company
- Familiarity (and training) selling across a portfolio of complex services (e.g. integrated campaigns)
- Ability to execute on and motivate a team around ambitious growth and sales targets
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Experience working cross functionally with different platforms to create a cohesive growth plan
- Results oriented - holds themselves accountable for short and long term success
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong background of operational and financial rigor and excellence
- Model NationSwell core values: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inspiration
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and short cover letter touching on 1) why you for this opportunity, 2) how you might contribute to NationSwell, and 3) why you are passionate to be in service of America’s leading problem solvers.
We have a flexible and remote working environment, a mission-driven team, and a worker-friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.