NationSwell is on a mission to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance this mission through:
- NationSwell.com, a platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers which reached 200M people last year;
- NationSwell Council (NSC), a special membership community of more than 950 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for taking action around solutions and collaborating with and supporting each other; and
- NationSwell Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution, and creative campaigns.
The NSC Community Manager sits at the heart of the Council member experience. This person will be the first point of contact for a portfolio of cross-sector members: helping them navigate the community, surface opportunities for service + build meaningful relationships with fellow members across the country. The Community Manager will also be an intrapreneur who will collaborate with the NSC team to enhance the member experience, provide strategic portfolio insights, and generate new ideas that can drive impact for the community and the company.
We love our team and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible working environment, an amazing culture and a strong dedication to our mission.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Actively manage + build strong relationships with a portfolio of NSC members through regular 1:1 interactions (e.g. phone calls / emails / in-person meetings) to produce a curated experience and generate impact for the individual + the community
- Meet goals around portfolio membership renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
- Support the continued growth of the community by generating referrals for new members from within your portfolio
- Collaborate with the NSC team to ensure that the member experience reflects the company vision and expectations
- Support the development and implementation of NSC products and programs that enhance the member experience
- Attend NSC events, as requested, to ensure a smooth run-of-show + engage with members
- Track and analyze data related to community engagement, growth, and impact; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments, and inform strategy
- Share instances of community collaboration + impact with internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience building + sustaining a community for impact; 3+ years of community-building or relationship management experience preferred
- An ability to engage + communicate effectively (through both written and verbal channels) with senior-level professionals; including founders, partners, CEOs, and executive directors across industries + sectors
- A passion for community-building as a force for social change and innovation
- Comfort in a nimble, fast-paced environment; including an entrepreneurial spirit + dependability
- A demonstrated commitment to our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.