NationSwell is a leading social enterprise dedicated to powering the solutions that will move our country forward. We advance our mission in three ways:
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers;
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter.
The Studio works with mission-aligned organizations to amplify their solutions-driven impact initiatives. The team creates compelling content and executions through our publishing platform and through our community of 1,000+ socially minded influencers and leaders via the NationSwell Council.
NationSwell is seeking a Strategy Director to join the Studio team in the development of campaigns and activations supporting solutions to our nation’s most pressing challenges. A newly created role, this position is an opportunity to help shape the strategic focus of our work, optimising it for maximum impact in the world.
This person will report to the Managing Director of the Studio and will serve as a senior client liaison on many of our partnerships with brands, nonprofits and philanthropic institutions.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop the strategic frameworks for projects, ensuring the work is optimized to create social impact and meet the goals of our partners.
- Act as a guide for our Creative and Accounts teams, keeping the output on-brief and helping everyone understand the “why” behind everything we create.
- Lead the issue research phase of projects to deeply understand the subject we’re working on and translate that knowledge into a strategy for impactful work.
- Developing audience insights and translating them to action with our team.
- Coach Studio team members on strategic thinking, encouraging intellectual curiosity and rigor in decision making during projects.
- Grow and lead a small team of junior to senior strategists.
This role could be a great fit if you are a(n):
- Strategy Director/Planning Director at a social impact agency, or creative agency with a strong portfolio of social impact work.
- Experienced Senior Strategist/Planner who is ready for promotion and looking for a new opportunity.
- Whipsmart strategic thinking
- Ability to synthesize complex, messy issues into tightly defined problems
- Experience building out thoughtful communications plans, audience personas and user journeys
- Expertise in crafting strategic frameworks to guide and inspire creative work
- Skilled at evaluating creative output through the lens of strategy
- Adept at crafting, selling and defending a strategic rationale
- Skilled leader of brainstorms and workshops
- Excellent communicator: Strong written and presentation skills
- Keynote (Mac), Excel and Powerpoint are a must
- Comfort communicating on team-sharing platforms such as Slack, Zoom, G Suite
- Fluency in project management & resourcing tools (i.e. Asana, Trello, Harvest) are all welcome (but not required)
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.