Director of Branded Content, Impact Studio
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We're a platform for problem-solvers, and our mission is to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance the mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers and reached 200M people with our content last year; through the NationSwell Council - a special membership community of more than 600 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions, and for collaborating and supporting each other -- the Council was mentioned in this recent article in The Atlantic as A Cure for Post-Election Malaise; and, our Impact Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through storytelling, digital distribution, and creative campaigns.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, advance national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
NationSwell’s Impact Studio works with leading organizations to drive awareness and engagement to social initiatives through integrated campaigns, storytelling and thought-leadership.
As Director of Branded Content, you will be working alongside the partnerships, accounts and editorial teams to generate integrated creative campaigns and sponsorships to Fortune 500 companies, large foundations, and large nonprofits and play a lead creative and strategic role in the creative content and execution.
A successful candidate in this role will:
* have a strong understanding of – and deep passion for – the issues that NationSwell covers and social impact, more generally
* be highly creative and have a dazzling vision for campaigns that drive impact
* be a masterful story-teller
* be highly effective at managing campaigns and work with partners from generation to conceptualization to execution to successful outcomes for NationSwell + our partners
* be driven by the opportunity to network with leaders and organizations that align with key issue areas
* be motivated to drive a conversation to partnership and lead on creative development and execution
* collaborate creatively, congenially, and effectively with NationSwell colleagues across platforms
* have a cutting-edge sense of where content, audience development and campaigns are going + ensure that NationSwell is always on the vanguard
* be nimble, entrepreneurial and determined in generating partnership opportunities
* embody NationSwell’s core values: Excellence, Integrity, Inspiration, Innovation + Teamwork
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute
- Lead the Impact Studio on storytelling content + campaign strategy + creative execution
- Work closely with the editorial, partnerships, audience development + accounts team to help NS to pioneer creative, trail-blazing and impactful campaigns
- Generate and drive conversations with mission-aligned organizations leading to contribution to revenue generation
- Play a lead and key role in developing highly creative concepts for partner campaigns
- Directly contribute to + oversee successful execution of partner campaigns
- Play a leadership role in ensuring that NS is at the cutting-edge of partner content + campaigns
- Play a leading role in ensuring that NS is a pioneering, fresh, highly impactful media brand
- Play a key role in helping to drive energy, awareness, and profile elevation around NS as a fresh + exciting media brand
- Work in lock-step with the accounts team to ensure partner delight and optimize partnerships renewals + growth
- Be a close collaborator with NationSwell’s Director of Audience Growth to explore, grow and target NationSwell’s audience for content and campaign success
- 5+ years of experience driving campaigns and creating branded content, storytelling, strategy, digital
- Experience managing across teams; highly organized
- Understanding and appreciation of a hybrid editorial model, leveraging original independent content and sponsor/partner content
- Ability to articulate professional and NationSwell POV, while being patient and able to communicate effectively to detail-oriented partners
- Team player and leader who is results-oriented and proactive with a strong work ethic and a great sense of humor
- Experience balancing long-term strategic issues with detailed, day-to-day tactical project issues
- Highly adept at working with outside partners and vendors
- Excitement about working in a fast paced and nimble, start-up environment
- Deeply passionate about our mission, and can articulate why
Base annual salary is highly competitive. We offer great benefits modeled after B Corp assessment standards, including the opportunity for employees to work remotely for part of the week.