We’re on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate their work. We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Council launched with a founding membership of 25 service-minded leaders and the idea that creating connection will accelerate change. In four short years the Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum across regions, numbers and opportunities to innovate towards impact.
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
NationSwell is seeking an Events Associate to join the NationSwell Council team to help plan and execute events by leveraging their creative and logistical skills to craft flawless experiences for members. This position is responsible for end-to-end event coordination including finding and booking exceptional venues, executing contracts and paying invoices, building trusting relationships with vendors, managing F&B selection, and collaborating with the community engagement team for flawless execution.
This person should have a passion for working in a mission-driven field and a growing entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates must believe in the power of in-person events to drive change and have a desire to design memorable experiences for leaders in the social impact space.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
- Venue Selection and Management
- Research relevant restaurants and venues in all NationSwell Council hubs and develop a growing database from which we can select for a variety of events
- Communicate with restaurant/venue (e.g. negotiate and manage contract and invoices, coordinate menu and wine selections, etc.)
- Serve as liaison between restaurant/venue and community engagement team
- Event Logistics
- Develop and manage event related-collateral (e.g. name tents, menus, etc)
- Track and manage event supplies
- Develop and manage logistics timeline for each event
- Oversee all aspects of guest lists, including RSVP tracking and reporting; work closely with community engagement team and our invite software platform--Splash Enterprise--to ensure accuracy
- Ensure all relevant information is captured via internal systems (Salesforce + Splash)
- Assist programming manager in planning calls with speakers and moderators for NationSwell Council events
- Maintain central programming and events resource and ensure it reflects up-to-date relevant information across all programs
- Four-year degree in Hospitality, Communications or related field, and a minimum of 1 year of experience in events;
- or 4+ years of experience in event logistics and/or hospitality
- Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively and independently
- Excellent communications skills, both interpersonal and written
- Solid computer and analytical skills
- Ability to present to high-level executives with confidence and professionalism
- Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments, and the ability to demonstrate poise and grace under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- A great person: generous, down-to-earth, humble, and honest
- Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration. Candidates should believe in and embody these values
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.