Manager of Event Communications + Experience (Temporary)
We’re on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate their work. We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Council launched with a founding membership of 25 service-minded leaders and the idea that creating connection will accelerate change. In four short years, the Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum across regions, numbers, and opportunities to innovate towards impact.
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
NationSwell is seeking a Temporary Manager of Event Communication + Experience to cover for a NationSwell Council team member going on family leave. This position is responsible for managing the member experience through the entire event process including event communication and invitations, curating event attendees, managing the end-to-end experience on member-led programs, and collaborating with the community engagement team for flawless event execution. This person will also lead the logistics execution on our annual summit in San Francisco. Other projects may be assigned based on company needs and interests. This role is estimated to be 25-35 hours per week depending on candidate experience and availability.
An ideal candidate should have a passion for working in a mission-driven field and a growing entrepreneurial spirit. They must believe in the power of in-person events to drive change and have a desire to design memorable experiences for leaders in the social impact space.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
- Manage all member communications around events, e.g. tracking invitations, event reminders, and monthly newsletters
- Usher event guests through their experience with the NationSwell Council to ensure all contact with them is seamless and professional
- Event Curation
- Strategize with community team and head of programming on the right profile of attendees for each event
- Oversee cross-team curation process; ensure the right number and mix of people are in the room.
- Event Management / Logistics
- Collaborate with the community team to lead member-hosted events, including guiding the member through the planning process, managing communications, and venue identification
- Attend select events to execute successfully + foster member delight
- Summit West Production
- Work with operations director and head of programming to coordinate logistics for our annual summit in San Francisco, including managing vendors and the guest experience
- Collaborate with our design team on event design, signage, printing needs, space setup, and furniture
- Manage the upload and creation of our event app -- Attendify (outside vendor)
- Oversee the RSVP + registration process to ensure a delightful experience for members and guests
Who You Might Be:
- An individual passionate about events and building programs who has 2-4 years of practice producing great events, including large-scale productions
- A hospitality specialist who has 4-6 years of experience building an appreciation for the details that are required to serve others
- A communications professional who has 2-4 years experience with a creative streak and a desire to work in event planning and marketing
- Four-year degree in Hospitality, Communications or related field, and a minimum of 1 year of experience in events;
- or 6+ years of experience in event logistics and/or hospitality
- Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively and independently
- Excellent communications skills, both interpersonal and written
- Solid computer and analytical skills
- Ability to present to high-level executives with confidence and professionalism
- Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments, and the ability to demonstrate poise and grace under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- A great person: generous, down-to-earth, humble, and honest
- Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration. Candidates should believe in and embody these values
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.