Production Designer (Part-Time)
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We're a platform for problem-solvers, and our mission is to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward.
The NationSwell Studio helps brands and organizations drive action around the issues they care about most. We’re a team of purpose-driven storytellers, creatives and digital experts tasked with creating experiences and campaigns that help our partners to break through the noise, elevate their profile and realize their vision for change and progress.
The Production Designer will join the NationSwell Studio team and report to the Director of Content. They will support the creation of a variety of design media (including web materials, emails, social media, print and event content, layout and design of presentation decks and concept mocks related to Studio, Editorial, and NationSwell Council needs). Candidate should have experience designing across all digital media types and be able to incorporate feedback from management with precision and speed. The position requires a strong visual design sensibility, attention to detail (pixel perfect layout and proofreading) and the ability to be flexible in a startup environment.
- 30 hours p/week on-site or remote, as needed
- Graphic design, layout, and production of various digital and print materials for Studio, Editorial and Council teams
- Ensure all design collateral meets brand identity guidelines
- Digital photo/image color correction and retouching
- Research and maintain library of images and copyright restrictions, as needed
- Creation and management of organized project files in Adobe (e.g. InDesign) that facilitate efficient changes and universal access
- Deliver production-ready files and spec delivery (for print, signage, etc.)
- Assist with additional design work, as needed
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Interface with team members specific to design projects
- Present design concepts to team to solicit feedback
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a Temp-to-Perm (FT) opportunity for the right candidate.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Arts preferred
- Understanding of composition, color theory, typography, design history, and information architecture
- Entry-level, preferred internship or other work experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), Keynote, Google Slides
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Drawing, illustration, and/or web/application design skills a plus
- Ability to trend forecast a plus