Bay Area Council Intern (Part-Time)
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company dedicated to powering the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. NationSwell advances that mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers, through the NationSwell Council — a special membership community of more than 600 service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions and for collaborating and supporting each other — and through its Impact Studio where it works with mission-aligned companies like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Toyota and others to support and amplify their social impact efforts through storytelling, digital distribution and creative impact campaigns. Last year, NationSwell reached more than 400 million people with its content.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, advance national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
NationSwell is seeking a part-time intern to support our Bay Area Council. This person will work closely with the Bay Area Council team to plan and execute events, including preparation and on-site support, and will ensure a top notch experience for NationSwell Council members.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills, keen attention to detail, a strong work ethic, adaptability, ability to work independently, and enthusiasm for NationSwell's mission.
The Council Intern will gain experience working in a fast-paced startup environment, have the opportunity to interact with high-level leaders across diverse sectors, and learn about innovative solutions to pressing national challenges.
How You'll Contribute:
- Support the Bay Area Council team with member engagement, programming, and growth
- Serve as project manager for Council events, inclusive of creating and managing a detailed workplan, coordinating materials, and providing on-site event support
- Track, input, and manage large amounts of Council member data and engagement information in Salesforce
- Take on and execute various projects as assigned
Hours: 10-15 hours of work per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please note this position offers a lot of flexibility and selected candidate will work with the Bay Area Council Manager to determine a consistent schedule.
Must haves (or equivalent)
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in social impact-focused work
- Prior internship/ work study experience