Operations and Events Associate (Part-Time)
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We’re a platform for problem-solvers, and our mission is to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance the mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers and reached 200M people with our content last year; through the NationSwell Council – a special membership community of more than 600 service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions, and for collaborating and supporting each other – the Council was mentioned in this recent article in The Atlantic as A Cure for Post-Election Malaise; and our Impact Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Toyota and many more to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution, and creative impact campaigns.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, promote national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
NationSwell is looking for an Operations and Events Associate to support the team part-time in the NYC office (15-20 hours per week). This is a temp-to-perm (full-time) opportunity for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have some experience with events and operations, a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done and possesses an enthusiasm for a fast-paced startup environment. The Operations and Events Associate will report to the Director of Operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with the hiring and onboarding process by creating hiring timelines, posting job descriptions and arranging interviews for potential candidates
- Arrange logistics around NationSwell’s office move into their new staff office/events space dedicated to impact efforts
- Help with day-to-day office, people, and financial operations as needed
- Provide logistical support for two of NationSwell’s signature Summits
- Assist with interdepartmental coordination by organizing agendas and notes for weekly meetings
- Create detailed timeline and track key event milestones to ensure event planning stays on track
- Submit invoices for payment and update budget to ensure timely payment and reconciliation
- Assist with drafting staff advisories, RFPs, on-site staffing plans and other event related documents and spreadsheets
- Arrange hotel and travel accommodations for traveling staff
- Make updates to master production schedules and run-of-show
- Conduct outreach to media contacts for event coverage
- 15-20 hours of work per week
- Commensurate with experience
Please note this position offers a lot of flexibility and the selected candidate will work with their Supervisor to determine a consistent schedule.
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to complete tasks quickly
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Google Sheets and Google Docs
- Passionate about social impact