Director, Member Growth & Engagement
We’re on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate their work. NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Council launched with the idea that creating connections will accelerate change. The Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum and opportunities to innovate towards impact.
Director, Member Growth & Engagement
NationSwell is seeking a Director, Member Growth & Engagement (referred to internally as the Director, Curation & Community) to join the NationSwell Council team to help grow and build the community. Reporting to the SVP, NationSwell Council, this position is responsible for planning and implementing a thoughtful, ambitious individual member growth strategy and drive the Council’s overall growth efforts.
The Director should have a passion for hitting ambitious targets, staying in the know about innovation and current events, learning about people from all walks of life, and leading a team to excellence. Candidates must understand and believe deeply in the power of community to drive change. Location is flexible, with a preference for New York City, San Francisco, Austin, or Houston.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
- Oversee the Council’s individual member growth strategy
- Contribute to new aspects of Council growth, including geographic expansion, sponsored events, and other products
- Successfully convert at least 6+ new and valued Council members per month
- Build and maintain a strong and robust pipeline via multiple channels, including member referrals, conferences, and other relevant events
- Build and develop the Curation team to elevate performance and exceed goals
- Actively manage + build strong relationships with a small portfolio of NSC members through regular 1:1 interactions (e.g. phone calls / emails / in-person meetings) to produce a curated experience and generate impact for the individual and the community
- Meet and exceed goals around portfolio membership renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
Who You Might Be:
- A growth / sales leader at a community focused organization (e.g. TED, CFR, YPO, WEF)
- A seasoned professional in the for-profit, corporate world with a passion for social impact and a knack for revenue generation and/or community building
- A highly organized, creative, and ambitious fundraiser in the non-profit sector who is eager to join a growing social enterprise
- Approximately 7-10 years of experience in sales, community building and engagement, fundraising, investor relations, or other stakeholder engagement fields
- Track record as a ‘player-coach’ who leads teams to exceed ambitious goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to present to a wide range of individuals including high-level executives with confidence and professionalism
- A strong passion for community and movement building; must understand these as a force for social change and innovation
- Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer, achiever + self starter
- Goal-oriented, driven, determined, highly energetic, hard-working, creative + unfailingly dependable
- Believes in + embody our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.