Managing Director, NationSwell Studio
NationSwell’s mission is to elevate the innovators who are renewing America and accelerate their work. The key to our success is building a team of exceptionally talented mission-driven individuals. Together we tackle issues and create exponential impact. We’ve had tremendous luck growing a team of purpose focused super humans. Now we’re looking for our next unicorn, a senior lead to help take our Studio to the next level.
Said leader will:
- Be thrilled to build (build, build) something truly special
- Be an intrapreneur! using entrepreneurial might + fearlessness to forge an original path to [more] impact
- Be a champion, inspiration and leader to a phenomenally talented team
- Be an NS ambassador in the world, helping elevate our profile + creating relationships that lead to impactful work
Stepping back, NationSwell is a B Corp certified social impact media company focused on solutions - not problems - because it’s the best way to improve lives and strengthen communities.
The NationSwell Studio launched less than a year ago and is a growing team of ten whip-smart colleagues across partnership cultivation, storytelling, content + campaign development, events and relationship delight.
The Studio partners with mission-aligned organizations to amplify their solutions-driven impact initiatives. The team creates compelling branded content and executions while leveraging synergies across NationSwell’s editorial media platform (nationswell.com) that publishes to an audience of 175M+ and through our community of 740+ socially minded influencers and leaders via the NationSwell Council.
Most recently we’ve launched groundbreaking work elevating the call for National Service (with the Service Year Alliance), supporting innovators using technology for good (with Comcast NBCUniversal), building entrepreneurial ecosystems + dialogue (with the Kauffman Foundation), narrowing the digital divide in America (with Verizon), changing the paradigm of aging in America (with AARP), championing a pioneering veterans empowerment initiative (with Bob Woodruff Foundation), and much more.
We only take on challenges and partnerships that drive impact, it’s the reason NationSwell exists and impact is how we measure our success.
Role and Key Responsibilities
We’re looking for a seasoned leader to join NationSwell who brings a passion for impact-based work, experience generating + managing successful partnerships and an entrepreneurial spirit to continue to build on the Studio’s creativity, reach and impact.
BUILD + GROW (Partnership Generation)
• Cultivate new mission-aligned partnerships and strategically grow existing impact partnerships
• Lead new exploratory partnership conversations and proposal/scoping development
• Identify opportunities for new products which expand our breadth of capabilities + activations that lead to greater reach, impact and staff sense of purpose
• Draw on past portfolio of work as additive to partner conversations + proposals
CREATE + ACTIVATE (Partnership Management)
• Deliver exceptional + delightful executions across strategy + content + campaigns
• Oversee partnership management; provide strategic counsel, expertise and overall brilliance
• Grow relationships with external partners/resources that elevate our work
INSPIRE (Studio + Team Management)
• Studio vision, leadership and overall profitability, reporting to founding CEO and COO
• Team professional development, inspiration, team management and oversight
• Nurture and grow our values-driven culture
+ Model NationSwell core values: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inspiration
A quick hello + note to close:
About growing the Studio’s impact
And finding our next exceptional colleague
To learn more, please do get in touch…
We love our team and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.