Community + Projects Manager
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We're a platform for problem-solvers, with the mission to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance this mission through NationSwell.com, a platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers which reached 200M people last year; through the NationSwell Council, a special membership community of more than 800 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for taking action around solutions and collaborating with and supporting each other; and our Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution and creative campaigns.
We love our team, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible working environment, an amazing culture and a strong dedication to our mission.
We are seeking a NationSwell Council Community + Projects Manager who will have an important dual focus to:
- cultivate and deeply engage with a dynamic portfolio of Council members, as well as
- lead the execution of new Council initiatives with outside partners and member organizations
The ideal candidate enjoys both developing one-on-one relationships and then toggling to team lead, coordinating colleagues + groups of stakeholders to results + outcomes. You’ll have experience engaging in a community as well as knowledge to draw from to manage projects + processes from concept to delivery.
All roles at NationSwell carry with them a component of intrapreneur. In this Community + Project Manager role the opportunity for intrapreneurship includes pioneering successful projects (including new formats), coordinating effectively across NationSwell as the team grows and driving impact + actionable outcomes.
This is an incredible opportunity to shape and support a unique community of service-minded leaders, to drive enormous social impact and to play a key role at an exciting, high-growth, and purpose-driven company.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
Community Engagement + Delight
- Engage with a portfolio of members to drive retention and meaningful engagement
- Drive Council growth via individual recruitment of 2 new members per month
- Manage efforts to meet goals around new member growth, renewal and member satisfaction
- Attend Council events, engage with members, and leverage occasions for strategic introductions
- Represent NationSwell at a variety of external events and convenings
- Track data related to member retention + growth, community participation, and experience; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments, and inform engagement with portfolio
- Contribute to systems that track and share impact; gather instances of impact to share with internal and external stakeholders
Council Projects Initiation + Execution
- Oversee programs + projects which predominantly intersect the Council community and experience, including: institutional membership, events + series, custom content and more
- Co-lead project kickoff and partner onboarding efforts
- Innovate + optimize efficient systems for delivering on projects + impact KPIs
- Represent the Council in new partnership conversations and new initiative launches
- Work closely across the Studio and NS.com teams to coordinate efforts and deliverables
- Act as liaison + co-lead on larger integrated partnerships launched by the Studio (e.g. Bob Woodruff Foundation, Lumina Foundation)
- Contribute to institutional member recruitment + growth
- Contribute to the development and creation of Council products and programs supporting growth, reach, member experience, and impact
- Capture instances of impact and aid in sharing successes externally to drive awareness + growth
Who You Might Be:
- A community manager at an illustrious membership organization (e.g. CFR, WEF, YPO, CGI) with experience working with / managing institutional or corporate clients
- A consultant at a management consultancy or a client-facing contributor at an agency looking to do more mission-driven work
- A rock-star event producer who has built longstanding relationships with clients and wants to deepen their impact alongside an engaged community
- Direct experience engaging a community and managing projects from launch to completion
- 4+ years of professional experience (2-3 yrs of client-facing an/or community)
- Experience in the social impact + mission-driven space
- A “people person,” able to engage with very senior-level professionals (founders, partners, CEOs, executive directors)
- Must have a deep knowledge of - and strong passion for - the value of community and movement building; must be able to articulate the value of community as a force for social change and innovation
- Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer + self starter; comfortable in a nimble fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented, driven, determined, highly energetic, hard-working, creative + unfailingly dependable
- Believe in + embody our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration