We’re on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate their work. We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Council launched with a founding membership of 25 service-minded leaders and the idea that creating connection will accelerate change. In four short years the Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum across regions, numbers and opportunities to innovate towards impact.
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
NationSwell is seeking a Programming Manager to join the NationSwell Council team to help design and develop world-class programs by leveraging creativity and curiosity to craft engaging, relevant content for Council members. The Programming Manager will play a critical role in the design and delivery of live content for NationSwell Council events and conversations. Reporting to the Head of Programming and Events, this position is responsible for end-to-end content development, including researching and developing topics, recruiting speakers, crafting program announcements, and creating content guides.
This person should have a passion for programming, staying ahead on current events, weaving trends into programs, storytelling, working with change-makers and accelerating change through conversation. Candidates must understand and believe deeply in the power of community to drive change.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
- Topic Development
- Research and develop topics of interest for the NationSwell Council’s overall content strategy
- Translate those ideas into a robust programming schedule across a variety of formats
- Initiate, research and propose program topics relative to current national trends and issues that deliver unique, rare and exceptional value/insights to members
- Offer creativity in presentation style, subject matter and overall design
- Speaker Cultivation
- Actively network to build a contact base and stay ahead of trends
- Maintain an extensive and relevant database of speakers and topics; cultivate past speakers for further engagement
- Coordinate speaker and content requirements with logistics
- Prepare speakers for events through custom briefing calls
- Plan calls with speakers and moderators for NationSwell Council events
- Manage and maintain master programming calendar
- Create systems for cross-team contributions to programming
- Update, maintain, and evolve internal database (Salesforce) to position the team to hit strategic goals by providing vital data for decision-making
Who You Might Be:
- A programming apprentice at a prominent, effectively run, high-end community or organization (e.g. TED, CFR, YPO, World Economic Forum, etc)
- A professional in the for-profit, corporate world with a passion for social impact and a knack for building programs and delivering content to highly engaged and successful audiences
- A highly organized, creative, curious and detail-oriented contributor in the non-profit sector who is eager to join a growing social enterprise
- Four-year degree in International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in programming, training and/or meeting planning, or journalism and communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments, and the ability to demonstrate poise and grace under pressure and tight timelines
- Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively and independently; strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Ability to present to high-level executives with confidence and professionalism
- A great person: generous, down-to-earth, humble, and honest
- Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration. Candidates should believe in and embody these values
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.