NationSwell Council Community Manager
NationSwell is a leading social impact media company dedicated to powering the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. NationSwell advances that mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers, through the NationSwell Council — a special membership community of more than 600 service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions and for collaborating and supporting each other — and through its Impact Studio where it works with mission-aligned companies like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Toyota and others to support and amplify their social impact efforts through storytelling, digital distribution and creative impact campaigns. Last year, NationSwell reached more than 400 million people with its content.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, advance national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
The NationSwell Council (NSC) Community Manager will help build and cultivate our dynamic and impactful national community. This individual will drive significant individual member growth, deepen community engagement, and be an external ambassador for the NSC. The Community Manager is an intrapreneur who will provide strategic insights and new ideas around ways to drive impact for individual members and the NSC, collectively, as well as company-wide.
- Meet explicit goals around new member growth, member portfolio renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
- Drive NSC growth via individual recruitment of 4-5 new members per month; contribute to institutional member recruitment and growth
- Actively and regularly engage with a dedicated portfolio of NSC members (in person/via phone) to provide value and generate impact
- Work closely with the NSC VP and with members themselves to ensure that the member experience reflects the company vision and expectations
- Contribute to the development and creation of NSC products and programs supporting growth, reach, member experience, and impact
- Attend NSC events, engage with members, and leverage occasions for strategic introductions and additional member recruitment
- Represent NationSwell at a variety of external events and convenings in order to connect with, and recruit, new NSC members
- Track and analyze data related to member growth, community participation, and experience; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments, and inform strategy
- Contribute to - and create - systems that track, measure and share impact; constantly gather instances of impact to share with internal and external stakeholders
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and success working in community building and social impact with members and partners
- Highly results-oriented, creative, and driven self-starter with a proven track-record for meeting/exceeding sales and target goals
- Superior verbal, written, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, fast growing for-purpose social enterprise
- Ability to work independently or remotely, as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Strong and effective communicator with internal staff and external members and prospects
- Sophisticated and fully able to represent NationSwell at high-level events and meetings
- Deep mission alignment and a passion for service
- Excellent capacity to lead by example and mentor colleagues and peers
- An all-around great person: generous, down-to-earth, humble, and honest
- Ideally NYC-based; if not, willing and able to travel regularly
We love our team and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.