Managing Director, NationSwell Council
NationSwell’s mission is to connect America’s leading problem solvers and accelerate their solutions. The key to our success is building a team of exceptional and talented mission-driven individuals. Together we tackle issues and create impact. We’ve had tremendous luck growing a team of service-minded change-makers. Now we’re looking for our next senior colleague to lead and inspire our membership community, the NationSwell Council, and the special team behind the connections + impact.
We’re seeking a leader who will:
- Be deeply motivated by the importance of building and engaging a community
- Be highly skilled at leading to business and performance outcomes
- Be thrilled to build the backbone of something truly unique in the country
- Be an intrapreneur, using entrepreneurial business experience to fuel growth
- Be a champion, inspiration and leader to a talented team
- Be an NS ambassador in the world, helping elevate our profile + creating relationships that lead to service and meaningful experiences
NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
The NationSwell Council (NSC) launched with a founding membership of 25 service-minded leaders and the idea that creating connection will accelerate change. In four short years the Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum across regions, numbers and opportunities to innovate towards impact. The community consists of an extraordinary, diverse group of entrepreneurs, investors, executives, philanthropists, and service-minded leaders across the country – many are truly advancing the most cutting-edge solutions to our nation’s most pressing national challenges. The NSC Team consists of a growing team of 15+ whip-smart, energetic colleagues across community engagement, programming, partnerships and membership delight.
The Council team seeks to create meaningful connections and curated experiences to connect members across regions, sections and issues to accelerate solutions that are working. The Council also leverages synergies across NationSwell’s Publishing platform; and the NationSwell Studio which partners with the country’s leading companies, foundations and philanthropists to create powerful social impact campaigns to drive awareness, engagement and action.
We’re looking for a Managing Director who brings deep experience, extraordinary ability and a track record leading an organization/operation/platform through growth, outstanding business performance and who is energized by the opportunity to apply that background to leading the Council to business growth, operational excellence and profound social impact.
- Lead the Council business operation -- accountability and responsibility for business performance and Council impact
- Design, refine and build the Council operating system / architecture for nation-wide growth, quality + impact
- Strong, creative and innovative business mind -- to identify and launch new business services and offerings from the Council
- Generate, lead and close business partnerships + deals -- and support team members in doing so
- Bring on 04 new Council members per month and 01 Institutional Member per quarter
- A thought-partner to CEO and company leader (member of NS Leadership Team)
QUALITY + CONNECTION
- High level, sophisticated grasp of - and curatorial sense of - our issues -- with curatorial oversight for our programming, experiences and the Council
- Leading the team to drive meaningful connection through off- and online experiences
- Experience structuring, leading and managing team for optimization and impact
CULTURE + INSPIRATION
- An inspiring and compelling leader for Council members and Council team
- Must be a ninja at supporting our amazing team of driven, talented professionals, support their development and help optimize their performance, professional growth and purpose
- Must share our Core Values and combine outstanding business experience and performance with an authentic passion for impact and social good
NS Values: Innovation, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inspiration
Who you might be:
- CEO or similar executive at a social enterprise (e.g. B-Corps community)
- Executive / leader at a community/membership-centric company or organization
- Successful business leader within a large corporation’s social impact function
- ED at a successful not-for-profit with complementary commercial-side experience
- A leader within the political arena with strong business, commercial experience/chops
We have a flexible and remote working environment, a mission-driven team, and a worker-friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.