Manager, Council Member Experience
NationSwell is on a mission to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance this mission through:
- NationSwell Council (NSC), a special membership community of more than 1000 (and growing) service-minded leaders who share a passion for taking action around solutions and collaborating with and supporting each other in eight cities across the country;
- NationSwell.com, a platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers which reached 200M people last year; and
- NationSwell Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies, foundations and not-for-profits like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Cisco, Kauffman Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution, and creative campaigns.
The Manager, Council Member Experience (known internally as a Community Manager) sits at the heart of the Council team. This person will be the first point of contact for a portfolio of cross-sector members: helping them navigate the community, surface opportunities for service + build meaningful relationships with fellow members across the country. The Manager will also be an intrapreneur who will collaborate with the NSC team to enhance the member experience, provide strategic portfolio insights, and generate new ideas that can drive impact for the community and the company.
We love our team and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible working environment, an amazing culture and a strong dedication to our mission.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Actively manage and build strong relationships with a portfolio of NSC members through regular 1:1 interactions (e.g. phone calls / emails / in-person meetings) that produce a curated experience and generate impact for the individual and the community
- Meet goals around portfolio membership renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
- Support the continued growth of the community by generating referrals for new members from within your portfolio
- Support the development and implementation of NSC products and programs that enhance the member experience
- Attend NSC events, as requested, to ensure a smooth run-of-show and engage with members
- Track and analyze data related to community engagement, growth, and impact; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments, and inform strategy
- Share instances of community collaboration and impact with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the NSC team to ensure that the member experience reflects the company vision and expectations
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience building + sustaining relationships with diverse stakeholder groups; at least 3 years of community-building or relationship management experience preferred
- An ability to engage + communicate effectively (through both written and verbal channels) with senior-level professionals; including founders, partners, CEOs, and executive directors across industries + sectors
- Experience managing individual workstreams and projects towards demonstrated outcomes
- A willingness to deepen personal knowledge of the social impact landscape; including key trends, solutions, and leaders across the areas of NationSwell’s focus
- Comfort in a nimble, fast-paced environment; including an entrepreneurial spirit + dependability
- A demonstrated commitment to our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.