Manager, Member Growth & Engagement
We’re on a mission to connect America’s leading problem solvers — and to accelerate their work. NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Council launched with the idea that creating connections will accelerate change. The Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum and opportunities to innovate towards impact.
Manager, Member Growth & Engagement
NationSwell is seeking a Manager of Member Growth & Engagement (internally referred to as a Curation Manager) to join the NationSwell Council team to help grow the community. This position is responsible for connecting and converting new and valued council members; being an external ambassador for the council; and contributing to a thoughtful overall growth strategy.
This is a new role at NationSwell, one perfectly suited for someone who loves talking to inspiring people and enjoys networking opportunities. This person should have a passion for social impact, staying in the know about innovation and current events, and hitting ambitious targets. Candidates must understand and believe deeply in the power of community to drive change. Location is flexible, with a preference for New York City, San Francisco, Austin, or Houston.
Responsibilities & How You’ll Contribute:
- Leverage both incoming and outgoing pipelines to meet + engage with mission aligned leaders and innovators
- Serve as the internal lead on member referrals for council growth
- Ramp up to a conversion rate of 8+ new Council members per month
- Build a strong and robust pipeline via networking (conferences, communities, and other relevant events)
- Lead in representing NationSwell externally, both in prospect meetings and at other industry events
- Actively manage + build strong relationships with a small portfolio of NSC members through regular 1:1 interactions (e.g. phone calls / emails / in-person meetings) to produce a curated experience and generate impact for the individual and the community
- Meet goals around portfolio membership renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
- Analyze prospect + new member data; identify gaps related to volume, region, industry, diversity, and other important factors and elevate ideas to fill them
Who You Might Be:
- A growth / sales specialist at a community focused organization (e.g. TED, CFR, YPO, WEF)
- A professional in the for-profit, corporate world with a passion for social impact and a knack for community building and revenue generation
- A highly organized, creative, and ambitious fundraiser in the non-profit sector who is eager to join a growing social enterprise and focus on 1:1 personal connections
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in sales, community building and engagement, fundraising, investor relations, or other stakeholder engagement fields
- Track record of exceeding targets and contributing to organizational growth
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to present to high-level executives with confidence and professionalism
- A strong passion for community and movement building; must understand these as a force for social change and innovation
- Enjoys and takes pride in being a doer + self starter
- Goal-oriented, driven, determined, highly energetic, hard-working, creative + unfailingly dependable
- Believes in + embody our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation + Inspiration
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.